Sherif now offers Remote Assistance for troubleshooting software related problems.
How does it work?
Remote Assistance is done by using a special software to connect to your computer through the Internet. The remote assistance software allows us to see your screen and work on your computer as if we were sitting in front of it. The connection to your computer is not automatic. It does require your assistance and permission to be able to gain access to your computer through a secure connection, and during the Remote Assistance session you will see everything that our technician is doing on your computer.
Step by Step:
- Appointment is set for the remote assistance session and we will call you at the time specified.
- To set up the connection a small file needs to be downloaded and run on your computer. This remote assistance client can be downloaded below:
PC Users Click Here
MAC Users Click Here
After you downloaded and run the program you will get a screen like this:
- You need to give the technician the number you see in the ID field and the password. For security reasons and for your privacy the password is randomly generated and changes each time you open the client.
- When the session ended please close the remote assistance window.
That's all! Very simple and quick.
How Can I Get This Service
First you need contact us and let us know that you would need the service. You can do this either by email, phone or by using our schedule for service form.
We will need a detailed description of your issue in order to determine whether it's something we can fix using remote assistance, or not.
If it is determined that your issue can be resolved using remote assistance then we will request payment from you for the first hour or any part which can be made by credit card by clicking here. Once we received your payment then we will set up the time for the REMOTE ASSISTANCE session and then perform the job at the time that is convent to you.
If your problem cannot be fixed using the remote assistance you payment will be refunded.
The following conditions need to be met in order for us to be able to troubleshoot using remote assistance:
- You need to have a working and stable, high speed internet connection (Cable, DSL, Fiber Optic, etc).
- The computer should be clean of viruses, trojans and other malicious software.
What can be, or cannot be done with Remote Assistance
First start with what can be done:
- Fixing software related issues such as email settings, installation issues, performance issues.
- Optimizing your computer for speed. This includes removing unnecessary software, startup items and files.
- Setting up, or performing a backup of your system or personal files, as well as restoring files from such backup. This requires you to have a storage device such as a secondary internal hard drive, or external hard drive.
- Printing troubleshooting, if it's not clearly hardware related, ie: printer is starting up fine, not displaying any error messages and is not out of ink, or toner.
- Training, or demonstration of software usage for most softwares. We can send you the recorded session if you want to review it at a later time.
- An assessment of the state of the computer to determine whether it's worth fixing or not and how much the fixing up would cost.
- Any other software issues as long as it's not mentioned in the list below.
Now, let's specify what cannot be done, or what cases we won't attempt Remote Assistance:
- Computer infected with viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, etc. These malicious software often has such strong protection mechanism and embed themselves so deeply into the system that they can only be removed by using a special CD by a technician on-site. We will not attempt to work on computers that show signs of these software, such as: being very slow, showing unusual popups and error messages.
- Any problem that is clearly not software related. Such as power-up issues, monitor, keyboard or mouse problems, connection problem, etc.
- Boot up problems. Naturally, the computer needs to be able to run the remote assistance client before we can do the remote troubleshooting.
- Network problems. Again the remote assistance software needs a stable network connection in order to work.
- Reinstalling of Windows.
Important note: While a wide variety of problems can be fixed using Remote Assistance, not everything can be fixed. Some problems can turn out to be hardware related during the troubleshooting session.
Contact us at (732) 670-8416 or by email at Helpme@sherifthecomputerguy.com